Friday 5 April 2013

Second Life/Baptism of Fire/Irises ignore a broken promise

A Second Life for the South Manchester Reporter

Kindling.
Smokeless fuel waits,
coal-like on a newly
crumpled Manchester Reporter.
Flames soon.

Baptism of Fire

Burning
old job contracts
virus heavy tissues.
Words released, smudged, free from structure,
Burning.

Irise ignore a broken promise

Four stalks.
Purple feathers
subtle lemon tongues taste
me, new and no longer with you.
Betrayed.

(unsettling this sounds like a sex poem, but was addressed to someone in my old employment).

Three today, I couldn't limit myself to one cinquain (five line poem) from the prompt for Day 5, NaPoWriMo.

2 comments:

  1. Very intense. Cinquains are one of my favorite poetry forms. I felt these in my chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan. Glad they had so much impact x

    ReplyDelete