Friday 12 April 2013

Those three little words, spoken by the right person - saying something (not quite the prompt today, sorry!) Day 12

Triplet poem, as suggested around day 5, apologies can remember the suggester was male, but not who? 

Those three little words, spoken by the right person

"I love you!"
the first time
given without prompt.

It hits harder
from his lips,
arrests my actions.

His brown eyes
reflect more love,
make tears fall

as I lift
my son Frank
from wee-filled potty.


Oh was it supposed to be three stanzas. oops!


Another bonus one, as I enjoyed the triplet poem style:

Spring's face

Lines and curves
reveal patterns, as
sunlight defeats frost.

Blossom decorates trees
in pointilist style,
promises Spring soon.

The day resets
smooths the wrinkles.
As sleep does.

2 comments: